Building Use Policy
New Beginnings Community Church of Ambler
Church Facility Use Policy
Statement of Purpose
The facilities of New Beginnings Community Church of Ambler (NBCC) were provided through God’s benevolence and by the sacrificial generosity of church members. NBCC desires that its facilities be used for the fellowship of the Body of Christ and always to God’s glory. Although the facilities are not generally open to the public, we make our facilities available to approved non-member persons and groups as a witness to our faith, in a spirit of Christian charity, and as a means of demonstrating the Gospel of Jesus Christ in practice.
However, facility use will not be permitted to persons or groups holding, advancing, or advocating beliefs, or advancing, advocating, or engaging in practices that conflict with NBCC’s faith or moral teachings, which are summarized in, among other places, NBCC’s constitution and bylaws. Nor may facilities be used for activities that contradict, or are deemed by the pastor as inconsistent with, or contrary to NBCC’s faith or moral teachings. The pastor and the Board of Trustees, or their official designee, is the final decision-maker on whether a person or group is allowed to use church facilities.
This restricted facility use policy is necessary for two important reasons. First, NBCC may not in good conscience materially cooperate in activities or beliefs that are contrary to its faith. Allowing its facilities to be used for purposes that contradict NBCC’s beliefs would be material cooperation with that activity, and would be a grave violation of NBCC’s faith and religious practice, (2 Corinthians 6:14; 1 Thessalonians 5:22).
Second, it is very important to NBCC that it presents a consistent message to the community, which NBCC staff and members conscientiously maintain as part of their witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. To allow facilities to be used by groups or persons who express beliefs or engage in practices contrary to NBCC’s faith would have a severe negative impact on the message that NBCC strives to promote. It could also be a source of confusion and scandal to church members and the community because they may reasonably perceive that by allowing use of our facilities, NBCC is in agreement with the beliefs or practices of the persons or groups using church facilities.
Therefore, in no event shall persons or groups who hold, advance, or advocate beliefs, or advance, advocate, or engage in practices that contradict NBCC’s faith use any church facility. Nor may facilities be used in any way that contradicts NBCC’s faith. This policy applies to all church facilities, regardless of whether the facilities are connected to NBCC’s sanctuary, because NBCC sees all of its property as holy and set apart to worship God, (Colossians 3:17).
Approved Users and Priority of Use
The Pastor or Board of Trustees must approve all uses of church facilities. Priority shall generally be given to members of NBCC, their immediate families, and organized groups that are part of the ministry, organization, or sponsored activities of NBCC. Church facilities and equipment will be made available to non-members or outside groups meeting the following qualifications:
1. Groups or persons requesting facility use must affirm that their beliefs and practices and planned uses of the facilities are in harmony with NBCC’s faith and practice.
2. The group or person seeking facility use must submit a signed “Church Facility
Reservation Request and Agreement” form.
3. The group or person seeking facility use must be willing to take responsibility for the facilities and equipment used and must agree to abide by NBCC’s rules of conduct for facility use, as stated below and as described in any additional instructions by church staff.
Facility Use Hours
Facilities are available between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Use outside these hours may be approved by the pastor or official designee.
Requests for facility use may be made to NBCC by submitting the “Church Facility Reservation Request and Agreement” form. The event will be reserved and placed on NBCC’s calendar only when the pastor or official designee approves the use.
Use of church facilities is subject to a free will offering to pay for the utilities and custodial upkeep (cleaning) of the church facilities. NBCC may require a refundable security deposit to pay for any damages to the facilities.
Facility Use Guidelines [THESE AND OTHER OPTIONAL POLICIES TO BE DETERMINED BY NBCC]
1. Alcohol Policy: No alcohol may be served in church facilities.
2. Smoking Policy: Smoking on Church facilities is prohibited.
3. Groups are restricted to only those areas of the facility that the group has reserved.
4. Food and beverages are restricted to certain areas predetermined with the application.
5. Church equipment, such as tables and chairs, must be returned to original placement, unless arranged otherwise prior to the event.
6. All lights must be turned off and doors locked upon departure.
7. Clean-up is the responsibility of the Group using the Church unless other arrangements are predetermined.
8. Abusive or foul language, violent behavior, and drug or alcohol abuse are strictly prohibited while using church facilities. Any person exhibiting such behavior will be required to leave the premises.
9. Any person or group must sign the “Church Facility Reservation Request and
Agreement” form prior to reservation of church facilities.
For all non-church-sponsored events, the group or person using the facilities may be required to obtain liability insurance coverage in an appropriate amount determined by the Pastor and the Board of Trustees. The user may also be required to sign a “Facility Use and an Indemnity and Hold Harmless Agreement.”